Monday, November 19, 2012

Diesel Cafe, part 1

Diesel Cafe is settled right in the center of Davis Square, and walking by, seems like a small, hole-in-the-wall coffee shop.  Once inside though, you realize it is a pretty large cafe with an extensive menu of coffee drinks, sandwiches, and baked goods.  There are plenty of tables in the back if you were to eat in, and even a couple pool tables for entertainment.  Though it looks like a great place for people watching on a Sunday afternoon, I got our sandwiches to go, as MikeAwesome and I had a finance project to complete. 

I was torn by a few options here but landed on the Monkey Wrench, which was turkey, avocado, cheddar cheese, sprouts and tomato on a baguette.  The sandwich was delicious and made me a believer that I should be ordering more sprouts on my sandwiches!  It even made a finance project bearable to get through!

Diesel Cafe was just awarded the Green Business  of the Year Award by the Somerville Chamber of Commerce.  So go for the delicious food and feel good that your environmental impact was minimal.

Stay tuned for MikeAwesome's review of the Tempeh Burger from Diesel.....

No comments:

Post a Comment