Friday, October 12, 2012

New Saigon Tofu Banh Mi


New Saigon Tofu Banh Mi Review
Brought to you by Canada

I’m a huge fan of Vietnamese food in general. I would sell my roommate’s dog for a hot bowl of pho. If you don’t know what that is go ahead and utilize your search engine skills.  Anyway, Vietnamese food= deliciousness, so it’s only pretty natural that I highly enjoy eating Vietnamese subs, also known as banh mi.

New Saigon is a tiny little banh mi/Vietnamese food joint on Washington Street in the Chinatown area. The little eatery isn’t a sit down place, so be prepared to take your food to go and make sure to bring cash! It’s a cash only mom & pop business.

So let’s discuss this sandwich. 
Banh mi is typically served on a French roll, and even though this banh mi place doesn’t have the best bread (it sometimes tastes a wee bit stale) I usually opt for New Saigon because I freaking heart their tofu.  Unlike many other banh mi places, their tofu isn’t deep fried, but they do use a healthy amount of soy sauce when making their tofu so it’s really flavorful. The cucumbers, carrots and cilantro are always fresh and if you decide to make it spicy you get a nice little kick from the peppers.

Bottom Line: It’s $3.50 for the sandwich, and I’m always left satiated. So I would recommend it if you’re in the area. I work in Chinatown so it’s a cheap, quick, fulfilling lunch, but I wouldn’t go out of your way to grab one of these. 



No comments:

Post a Comment